Looking for a new Christmas tradition? Every Christmas morning I make this 1-Hour Vegan Monkey Bread for myself and my family. It’s super easy to make and takes no time at all. But that’s not even the best part. It will fill your whole house with the warm smell of cinnamon and sugar and your whole family will love it.
NO-RISE VEGAN MONKEY BREAD
If you’re anything like me and don’t plan very far in advance, this monkey bread is for you. You don’t have to wait for the dough to rise so you can make this right before you’re ready to enjoy it! No yeast required. Yeast naturally requires time to rise which is why this recipe doesn’t call for it. Instead, you’ll be using baking powder to help this dough rise –– likely more baking powder than you’re used to. But don’t worry, you won’t notice it!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
These are all the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe. I’ve gone ahead and linked some of my favourites here in case you don’t already have them:
- All-purpose flour
- Plant milk (of your choice)
- Coconut oil or vegan butter
- Walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Coconut sugar
- Baking powder
WHAT THE HECK IS MONKEY BREAD?
Bread for monkeys? No, don’t worry. This bread is 100% intended for humans. Monkey bread is the same as pull-apart bread. I think it was nicknamed “monkey” bread because you use your hands to eat it. Similar to how a monkey eats? That’s my thought at least.
To make this 1-Hour Vegan Monkey Bread, you’re going to make the dough and then roll it into balls. Then, you’re going to take each small dough ball and roll it in a cinnamon-sugar mixture––that way each ball is sweet and cinnamon-spiced!
Looking for more delicious Christmas and/or winter recipes? I’ve linked some here that I know you’re going to love:
1-HOUR VEGAN MONKEY BREAD (NO-RISE)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts/pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375º F and grease your bundt pan with coconut oil – set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt then cut in solid coconut oil with a fork.
- Add non-dairy milk and use your hands to combine fully. Knead the dough for a few minutes.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Make small balls using the dough, roll in the cinnamon sugar and place in bundt pan – repeat until all dough has been used.
- Add 2 tbsp of vegan butter to the leftover cinnamon sugar mixture and microwave in 15 second intervals until you get a caramel consistency.
- Drizzle over top of all the rolled balls in the bundt pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make icing and drizzle over cooled monkey bread.
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!