What says fall more than Chewy Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies? These super chewy cookies are not only vegan, but they’re refined-sugar-free and guaranteed to make your whole house smell exactly like fall—they’re spiced to perfection!
CLASSIC GINGERBREAD VS. SOFT AND CHEWY
I don’t know about you but I’ve never been a huge fan of gingerbread cookies—I’m definitely a soft and chewy cookie kind of girl and that’s why I’m obsessed with these. They have all of the gingerbread flavours including cinnamon, ginger and ground cloves all while being super soft, chewy and delicious! I also think these are 100x easier to make and I am a big fan of convenience in the kitchen.
THE BEST VEGAN GINGER MOLASSES COOKIES
Ever had a ginger cookie and think… “wow.. that’s a lot of spice?” or just me? I don’t know if I’m sensitive to spices or what the case may be but I find some ginger cookie recipes to be extremely overpowering. That’s why this recipe incorporates all those delicious fall flavours and spices without being overpowering—hence, these are the best while being both mention egg-free and dairy-free.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THESE CHEWY COOKIES:
This recipe requires a few more ingredients than usual and that’s because a variety of spices are key to spicing these to fall perfection.
- All-purpose flour
- Coconut sugar
- Vegan butter
- Non-dairy milk
- Vanilla extract
- Ground ginger
- Ground cloves
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
TIPS FOR SOFT + CHEWY COOKIES
- Under-bake the cookies. Whenever you’re trying to achieve soft and chewy cookies, it’s best to take them out of the oven when they look slightly underdone. Think slightly gooey looking centres.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet. Since you’re taking them out when they look slightly underdone, you want to allow them to sit on the hot baking sheet to cool. This will allow the cookies to cook through, without over-baking them.
Happy cookie baking, friends! Hope you enjoy these super soft and chewy ginger molasses cookies as much as I do. xX
CHEWY VEGAN GINGER MOLASSES COOKIES
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the coconut sugar, vegan butter and molasses until fully combined then stir in the non-dairy milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients then add them to the wet. Stir until combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the dough into balls and spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Optionally, sprinkle each cookie dough ball with additional coconut sugar or cane sugar.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!