Looking for an easy, vegan, no-bake sweet snack? These Chocolate & Caramel Dipped Pretzels are perfect! They’re not only great for snacking by yourself, but also for gatherings or potlucks. A small box of these would even be a great gift idea (perfect for vegan and gluten-free family and friends).
CHOCOLATE & CARAMEL DIPPED PRETZELS?!
Need I really say more?! These pretzel babies are perfectly sweet and salty – who isn’t a fan of that? The pretzels are first dipped into a healthy homemade vegan caramel, frozen, then dipped into melted chocolate and topped with coarse salt. It doesn’t get more delicious (or easy) than that, in my opinion.
IS CARAMEL VEGAN?
While caramel is not traditionally vegan, I created a vegan version for this recipe and it’s not only completely dairy-free but it’s also gluten-free! The main ingredients are coconut cream and coconut sugar – two of my pantry staples! You can also use the caramel recipe in place of traditional caramel in any recipe.
IS CHOCOLATE VEGAN?
There are several brands that carry semi-sweet and dark chocolate flavours that are “accidentally” vegan (meaning they weren’t intentionally made vegan). When it comes to chocolate chips, I use these Kirkland Chocolate Chips from Costco. As for chocolate bars, I like this Great Value Dark Chocolate from Walmart because it doesn’t even taste dark to me! Both of these options are SUPER cost-effective and delicious so I highly recommend trying them (not sponsored – I wish haha!)
CHOCOLATE & CARAMEL DIPPED PRETZELS (VEGAN)
- store-bought pretzels (of your choice)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini*
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot starch**
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Prepare the caramel dip by combining the coconut cream, coconut sugar, maple syrup and tahini to a saucepan over low-medium heat. Stir until all the ingredients have been incorporated.
- Allow the mixture to bubble for a minute or so and then stir in the arrowroot starch. Once the arrowroot starch has fully dissolved and the caramel has thickened, remove from the heat and stir in coconut oil and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the caramel into a small bowl and dip the pretzels in one by one and place them onto a lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for 30-60 minutes – the longer the better.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave in 15-second intervals.
- Take the pretzels out of the freezer and dip each one into the melted chocolate and place back onto the lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 mins – 1 hour before enjoying!
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!