Fall is right around the corner and I’m gravitating towards all the warm and comforting foods! This Classic One-Bowl Vegan Coffee Cake is satisfying all my needs and cravings right now. It’s vegan and refined-sugar-free which is a huge win in my books!
CLASSIC ONE-BOWL COFFEE CAKE
I know what you’re probably thinking, is it even possible to make a cake in one bowl? Well, short answer, anything is possible in one bowl when you hate doing dishes.
The key to making this coffee cake in one bowl is to create the largest possible well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Once you do that, pour all of the wet ingredients into the well and gently mix them together before fully combining with the dry.
VEGAN COFFEE CAKE INGREDIENTS
- All-purpose flour
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut milk
- Non-dairy milk
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
This recipe is adapted from Hailie Thomas’ Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe which is so delicious and perfect for fall. So, if you’re looking for another delicious bundt cake recipe be sure to check hers out!
LOOKING FOR MORE CAKES AND CUPCAKES?
Here are some other delicious cake and cupcake recipes that you might like:
CLASSIC ONE-BOWL VEGAN COFFEE CAKE
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup oil (neutral tasting)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients then form a well in the centre.
- Pour the non-dairy milk and coconut milk into the well, followed by the remaining wet ingredients.
- Gently stir all the wet ingredients together within the well before fully incorporating with the dry ingredients. Be careful not to overmix – some small flour lumps are fine.
- Pour half the batter into the bundt pan then sprinkle on a thin layer of coconut sugar followed by cinnamon.
- Pour in the remaining batter and bake for 40-45 mins.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15-20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!