Say hello to your new favorite no-bake recipe! These Cookie Dough Truffles are so delicious, they’re naturally sweetened, oil-free, vegan, gluten-free, and come together with very few ingredients. Relative to store-bought chocolate and sweet treats, these are super healthy.
COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
What even is a cookie dough truffle? Simply stated, a cookie dough truffle is edible cookie dough balls coated in chocolate. Craving cookies in the spring and summer? Don’t feel like baking and heating up your whole house? These Cookie Dough Truffles are for you, they will satisfy all your cravings without heating up the house and they come together super quickly with only 7-ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE THE TRUFFLES
The process of making these truffles is super simple, you’ll want to make them all the time. All you need is:
- Oat flour – see below on how to make your own.
- Natural peanut butter
- Maple syrup – the real stuff.
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate bars
And the steps are as follows:
- Mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Then, stir in the oat flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls (about 1 tbsp sized).
- Place in the freeze to allow them to firm up.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave (in 15-second intervals).
- Coat each cookie dough ball in the melted chocolate of your choice, sprinkle with flaky salt (optional), and chill.
HOW TO MAKE OAT FLOUR
If you’re unfamiliar with oat flour, it’s just oats blended into a fine flour-like consistency. You can purchase oat flour at many grocery stores or even on amazon. I prefer to make it on my own. All you have to do is place any oats you have (quick oats or rolled oats) into a high-speed blender until it’s super fine and flour-like. You can then store this in an air-tight container in your pantry for future use. I like to make it in big batches that way I always have some on-hand for various recipes. The use of oat flour in this vegan cookie dough recipe makes these both gluten-free and edible!
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Hungry for more spring and summer dessert recipes? Here are some I think you’ll love:
COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES (VEGAN, GF)
- 1 ½ cup oat flour*
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (natural)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- chocolate chips (to taste)
- 2 chocolate bars (200g)
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the natural peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add in the oat flour, salt, and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Roll into 1 tbsp sized balls and place in a freezer-safe container. Freeze for 20-30 minutes or until they're firm to the touch.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring each time.
- Coat the cookie dough balls in chocolate and place them on a cooling rack with a cookie sheet underneath to catch any chocolate drips. Repeat until all the cookie dough balls are coated in chocolate.
- Place them in the fridge (or freezer) for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is firm to the touch. Transfer to a container for longer-term storage and enjoy straight out of the fridge or freezer.
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!