Looking for a super warming and cozy drink? This Easy Vegan Gingerbread Latte is healthy and refined-sugar-free. Don’t let that deter you, it’s super delicious and spiced to perfection! It’s filled with all the fall and winter flavours and sure to warm you from the inside out.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR A VEGAN GINGERBREAD LATTE:
- Non-dairy milk: You can use whatever you have on hand. My personal favourites for coffee are oat, soy and almond –– in that order.
- Coffee: I grind my coffee beans and then use a classic drip coffee machine. But, you can make coffee however you prefer!
- Maple syrup: You can use any sweetener that you prefer for this recipe. Maple syrup is my favourite liquid sweetener so you’ll notice I use it a lot.
- Molasses: This is necessary for that classic gingerbread flavour. You can add as much or as little as you’d like –– I typically drizzle extra on top.
- Cinnamon: I swear coffee and cinnamon are made for each other. Cinnamon will always give you that warm and cozy feeling/flavour.
- Ground ginger: You can’t have gingerbread without ginger, I use ground ginger so you don’t need to add a lot for a strong flavour.
- Ground cloves: Cloves are FULL of flavour so you don’t want to go crazy with them otherwise, you might be overwhelmed. Remember, you can always add more but you can’t take away –– so, start with less.
TIPS FOR THE BEST VEGAN LATTE
- Top with coconut whipped cream. Topping with coconut whipped cream will give you the ultimate gingerbread latte experience – it seriously takes it to the next level!
- Use your favourite non-dairy milk. Of course, milk makes up the majority of a latte so make sure you use your absolute favourite. If you’re unsure, try oat, soy, almond or coconut – they’re all super creamy and delish.
- Sprinkle extra cinnamon. You honestly can never go wrong with extra cinnamon so make sure to dust some over the top – bonus: it also looks super pretty and fancy.
LOOKING FOR MORE GINGERBREAD RECIPES?
Looking for more gingerbread recipes? I got you covered, try these:
Whether you’re enjoying this vegan gingerbread latte with some chewy ginger molasses cookies, or by itself – I hope you love it as much as I do! xX
Easy & Healthy Vegan Gingerbread Latte
- 1 cup non-dairy milk*
- 3/4 cup coffee
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of ground cloves
- To a milk steamer/frother add in non-dairy milk, cinnamon, ginger and ground cloves and set the frother as per instructions.
- Add brewed coffee to a mug and stir in molasses and maple syrup until dissolved.
- Pour the steamed and frothed non-dairy milk into the coffee and top with coconut whipped cream and more cinnamon.
- Enjoy while hot!
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!