This chocolate sauce is perfect for ALL your chocolatey needs. Think cake and brownie frosting, pancake drizzle, fruit dip, banana bread spread, the possibilities are seriously ENDLESS! The best part? It’s so easy to make and it’s not only vegan but it’s also healthy!
I hope you love this chocolate sauce as much as I do.
HEALTHY & EASY CHOCOLATE SAUCE (VEGAN)
- nut/seed butter (of your choice)
- cocoa powder
- maple syrup
- coconut oil (optional)
- Mix together the nut/seed butter, cocoa powder and maple syrup until you get your desired sweetness/chocolatey-ness.
- Add water to thin to your desired consistency (eg. you’d want a fruit dip to be thinner than a frosting, so use more water).
- Add in melted coconut oil – if using. I only use a bit of coconut oil if I want it to solidify more + quicker.
- I’ve used various nut/seed butters for this including peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, coconut butter and they’re all delicious. My personal favourite for a less “nutty” taste is cashew butter – I find it very neutral so it just takes on the chocolatey taste.
- I find that this sauce solidifies to an extent on its own (without coconut oil) so I wouldn’t add any coconut oil for cake or brownie frosting.
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!