Looking for a Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola recipe? Look no further! Enjoy this granola as part of your breakfast or as a sweet and healthy snack. The best part is, this granola is vegan, oil-free and refined-sugar-free!
HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA
Are you a chocolate peanut butter lover? I know I am. All of my favourite chocolate bars growing had some combination of chocolate and peanut. That’s why this is one of my all-time favourite recipes –– I can almost eat the entire batch in one day. The granola is coated in peanut butter and sprinkled with chocolate chips and roasted peanuts. If you ask me, it doesn’t get better than that.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE GRANOLA:
Here is a list of all the ingredients you’ll need to make your very own Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola! I’ve also gone ahead and linked some of my favourite ingredients in case you don’t already have them.
- Rolled oats
- Roasted peanuts
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Natural peanut butter
- Chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- Maple syrup
- Pitted dates
- Vanilla extract
WHAT MAKES THIS GRANOLA HEALTHY?
Compared to most commercial granolas, I would consider this homemade granola very healthy! It doesn’t contain any refined sugars or oil so you’re getting primarily whole-food ingredients. It also contains chia seeds and/or flax seeds which are superfood powerhouses! There are also several additions you can make to this granola without compromising its tastiness!
Here are a couple of additions I often make:
- Hemp seeds
- Multivitamin powder
Like most things, I store this granola in an air-tight container in the fridge. This keeps it super fresh and tasty for a very long time –– I’ve probably left it longer than I should have… and it was still great!
PAIRING THE GRANOLA
In case you’re not sure what sorts of things this granola would taste well with, I’m sharing some my favourites:
- Plant milk and granola -– my favourite way to satisfy the sweet cravings
- Coconut yogurt, granola and fresh/frozen fruit
- Plant milk, granola and fresh/frozen fruit
- On top of chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowls
- On top of any other smoothies/bowls
Looking for more healthy breakfast recipes? I’ve linked some here for you:
HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA (VEGAN)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 pitted dates
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds/ground flax
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat (or parchment paper).
- Place pitted dates and boiling water into a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients then stir in the wet.
- Mash the dates in the boiling water to form a paste and then add it to the mixture.
- Spread the granola evenly onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!