Everybody loves banana bread, don’t they? It’s perfect for breakfast, snacking and dessert –– I could eat it all day long! I love this Healthy Vegan Banana Bread Recipe because it is oil-free, vegan and refined-sugar-free! If that wasn’t good enough, it’s also super simple to make.
OIL-FREE VEGAN BANANA BREAD
I know what you’re probably thinking, can banana bread even be moist without oil? The short answer is yes. This recipe basically uses additional bananas to replace any oil that would traditionally be used. This keeps this bread super moist and delicious!
Another key to keeping this recipe oil-free is to line your loaf pan with either reusable parchment paper or regular parchment paper. If you’re comfortable incorporating a little bit of oil, you can simply grease the loaf pan –– my preferred method.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE:
Below is a list of all the ingredients you’ll need for this healthy vegan banana bread. If you’re planning ahead, I’ve linked some of my favourite baking products here for ease!
- Ripe bananas
- All-purpose flour
- Coconut sugar
- Maple syrup
- Non-dairy milk
- Ground flax + water
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Himalayan pink salt
STORING & REHEATING THE BREAD
- Store this banana bread in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. For longer-term storage, freeze in an air-tight container.
- To reheat, simply microwave for 15-20 seconds or pop it in the toaster or toaster oven if you like it on the crispier side –– my personal preference.
STILL HUNGRY? TRY ONE OF THESE RECIPES:
Healthy Vegan Banana Bread (Oil-Free)
- 4 small ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- chocolate chips (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease or line a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax and water to form a flax egg and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas then add in all of the wet ingredients, saving the flax egg till the end. Stir until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients then pour them into the wet. Mix until combined – don't over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for 40-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!