Looking for an easy and delicious vegan recipe to make this St. Patrick’s Day? Look no further than this No-Churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream! The base of this vegan ice cream recipe is coconut cream and cashews so it’s far healthier than any traditional ice cream. Better yet, it only requires 9-ingredients and a high-speed blender––no ice cream maker required.
NO-CHURN MINT CHIP ICE CREAM
So, I’m sure you’ve seen tons of homemade ice cream recipes that require an ice cream maker, which most people don’t own––from my experience. For that reason, I came up with this mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe which only requires a high-speed blender! I have a Vitamix myself, which I purchased from Costco on sale and I use it ALL the time in various recipes.
NATURAL MINT FLAVOURING AND COLORING
For this recipe, I used a mint flavoured chlorophyll concentrate to add some color and give this recipe it’s minty flavour. I also used a pinch of spirulina to naturally deepen the green color! I know, I know, these ingredients might seem weird and foreign but don’t worry.
If you don’t have these on hand or don’t intend to use them for anything else, you can substitute them for mint extract and green food coloring. I personally don’t use food coloring for anything which is why it’s not called for in this recipe. Alternatively, you can omit the food coloring entirely because it doesn’t change the flavour of the ice cream!
MINT ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS:
In case you don’t have the ingredients on hand for this No-Churn Vegan Mint Chip Ice Cream, I’ve linked them here for you!
- Coconut cream (400ml)
- Raw cashews
- Maple syrup
- Mint chlorophyll concentrate
- Vanilla extract
- Corn starch or arrowroot powder
- Dates (medjool or regular)
- Spirulina (for color)
NO-CHURN VEGAN MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM (HEALTHY)
- 1 (400ml) can of coconut cream
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1-2 ½ tbsp mint chlorophyll concentrate*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp corn starch**
- 2 medjool dates (or 4-5 regular)
- pinch of spirulina (for color, optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 vegan chocolate bar
- Add all of the ice cream base ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth.
- Taste and add more dates for sweetness and mint cholorphyll as need.
- Roughly chop the vegan chocolate bar and stir it into the blended mixture.
- Pour into a loaf pan or freezer-safe dish and cover.
- Freeze overnight and thaw 10-20 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!