Do you ever just crave brownies but don’t want to make an entire batch to eat all by yourself? Well, I got you covered. These Small-Batch Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies are oil-free, refined-sugar-free and will definitely satisfy all your cravings without making enough to feed an entire group of people. They also pair amazingly with a glass of non-dairy milk or tea.
SMALL BATCH PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
We all know that peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven. So naturally, you can’t go wrong with these. I made these brownies “small batch” because let’s be honest, we’re not baking for tons of people very often these days. We are just looking to satisfy our own chocolatey cravings.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE BROWNIES:
This recipe only requires 10-ingredients and you probably already have them kicking around in your pantry. If you’re a self-proclaimed peanut butter and chocolate fanatic like me, you undoubtedly have the two key ingredients in your home at all times!
- Coconut sugar
- Peanut butter
- Cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
- Non-dairy milk
- Chocolate chunks
- Ground flax
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
TIPS FOR THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
- Don’t over-bake. This is generally a good rule to follow when it comes to baking. Baking brownies too long will result in dryer (less moist) brownies. I always take out my baked goods when they are slightly underdone and allow them to cool and cook through on the hot baking sheet/pan.
- Let them set. Allow the brownies to set and cool completely. They’re very fragile straight out of the oven and will fall apart if not given the chance to set completely.
SMALL-BATCH VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (natural)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
Peanut Butter Swirl
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line or grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax and water to create a flax egg and set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine peanut butter and maple syrup to create the peanut butter swirl mixture and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the peanut butter and coconut sugar until fully combined.
- Once the flax egg has gelled up, stir it into the peanut butter and coconut sugar mixture followed by the remaining wet ingredients.
- Sift the dry ingredients onto the wet and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan then dollop the peanut butter swirl mixture on and swirl into the brownie batter using a chopstick or toothpick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes then allow to set and cool completely in the pan.
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!