Want to enjoy a s’more without being outside in front of an open fire? I have just the recipe for you! These vegan S’mores Cookie Bars have an ooey-gooey cookie base, chocolate throughout and mini vegan marshmallows on top. The best part? They come together quickly with only 10 ingredients.
OIL-FREE S’MORES COOKIE BARS
If you’re a fan of toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate this is the recipe for you. These S’mores Cookie Bars taste even better than s’mores made at a bonfire (in my opinion). They’re ooey-gooey, indulgent and incredibly delicious. My favourite thing about these cookie bars is that they’re completely oil-free and also made with spelt flour.
OOEY-GOOEY AND OIL-FREE?
I know, I know, it can be hard to believe that these cookie bars are both. But, it’s true, I promise. Instead of using any oil or vegan butter, you’re going to be using peanut butter in this recipe! I use natural peanut butter but I’m sure this recipe would work with almond butter and any other nut or seed butter. If you’re looking for another oil-free recipe try my Tahini Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
MAIN INGREDIENTS FOR S’MORES COOKIE BARS (VEGAN):
- Peanut butter: Whenever I use peanut butter in a recipe, I’m talking about natural peanut butter – the only ingredient is roasted peanuts (and maybe salt), that’s it.
- Coconut sugar: Other than maple syrup and dates coconut sugar is my go-to sweetener as it’s less refined and has more nutritional value than granulated white sugar or brown sugar.
- Spelt flour: I recommend “light” spelt flour as opposed to whole grain spelt because it’s closer to all-purpose flour – think all-purpose flour vs. whole wheat flour.
- Vegan marshmallows: If you didn’t know, regular marshmallows aren’t vegan because they contain gelatine which comes from animal bones and cartilage – hence I use vegan marshmallows made without animal parts.
HUNGRY FOR MORE BROWNIES & BARS?
Here are a few more delicious vegan recipes that I think you’d enjoy:
I hope you enjoy these S’mores Cookie Bars as much as I do! Xx
S’MORES COOKIE BARS (VEGAN, OIL-FREE)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 chocolate bar
- 1 cup mini vegan marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Cream together the peanut butter and the coconut sugar. Add in the non-dairy milk and vanilla and stir till combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the spelt flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients then gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press dough into the baking dish.
- Roughly chop the chocolate bar then sprinkle over the cookie dough, followed by the marshmallows.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cookie is browned on the edges.
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!