This no-churn ice cream cake is perfect for Canada Day and/or the 4th of July! Whip this Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream Cake up the day before and have a cool and refreshing treat to celebrate the holiday. To make it 4th of July themed, simply add some blueberries. It’s a perfectly festive dessert!
WHAT IS COCONUT CREAM?
Coconut cream is the super thick and dense stuff that you find on top of a new can of full-fat coconut milk. For this recipe, you can scrape the cream out of 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk. Alternatively, you can buy full cans of coconut cream as well (my preferred method).
HOW TO STORE ICE CREAM CAKE:
This ice cream cake will last several weeks in the freezer, but I find it best to eat it sooner rather than later – no thank you freezer burn (also when it’s there I just can’t resist).
Whether you’re eating this as a summer treat or celebrating Canada Day or 4th of July, I hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as I do! Happy ice cream cake making, friends!
Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream Cake (Vegan)
- 1 can coconut cream (400ml)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add all of the ingredients (except for strawberries) to a high-speed blender and blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a lined freezer safe dish.
- Evenly spread the strawberries over the top.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove the cake from the dish and add extra strawberries and coconut shreds.
- Slice and serve immediately!
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!