Is there anything better than pancakes for breakfast? Vegan Cinnamon Roll Pancakes of course! These are healthier than traditional cinnamon rolls so you can eat them for breakfast and feel like you’re eating dessert. The ingredients are super simple (pantry staples), I’m sure you have almost everything at home already!
THE FAMOUS CINNAMON ROLL PANCAKES
The pancake recipe that got over 200k views on TikTok – don’t ask me how. These babies are perfect for every occasion, whether you’re feeling like a fancier weekend breakfast or you’re making a loved one brunch in bed, this cinnamon roll pancake recipe is a real winner!
MAIN PANCAKE INGREDIENTS:
These vegan cinnamon roll pancakes are super versatile and ingredients can definitely be substituted based on what you have on hand!
- All-purpose flour: Wanted to keep this recipe very basic and I know most people keep all-purpose flour in their pantries but you can sub for light spelt flour if you want them healthier.
- Plant milk: Any non-dairy milk that you prefer will work, I usually have almond, oat or soy milk at my house so I’d use either of those.
- Oil: I use coconut oil in my recipe but any neutral tasting oil will work (or even melted vegan butter).
- Pure maple syrup: You really can’t have pancakes without maple syrup… can you? This is my preferred sweetener but you can use any liquid sweetener that you like.
- Cinnamon: You obviously can’t miss the cinnamon in cinnamon roll pancakes, it just would be a completely different recipe. There are a few different varieties of cinnamon – I use/recommend any and all of them.
- Plain: I often eat these pancakes as is because they’re sweet on their own.
- Pure maple syrup: If you want extra sweetness, don’t be afraid to pour some maple syrup over the top.
- Vegan cream cheese icing: I created a recipe specifically for these pancakes, so it is suitable to eat for breakfast (only requires coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt) and takes the pancakes to another level of delicious.
STORING LEFTOVER PANCAKES:
- Fridge: Place leftover pancakes into an air-tight container and keep them in the fridge for 2-5 days.
- Freezer: Place leftover pancakes into an air-tight container and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
For both methods, simply toast pancakes in a toaster or toaster oven to reheat for perfectly fresh-tasting cinnamon roll pancakes!
VEGAN CINNAMON ROLL PANCAKES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup*
- 1 tbsp oil (neutral tasting)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or vegan butter)
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the non-dairy milk, maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Gently stir the wet ingredients together in the well before fully incorporating into the dry ingredients.
- Be sure not to overmix, some lumps and flour bits are fine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add in the ‘cinnamon swirl’ ingredients and microwave for 15 seconds. Ensure that the coconut oil is melted. If the mixture seems to thin, add a bit more coconut sugar, if it’s too thick, simply add a bit more water.
- In a non-stick pan over low-medium heat, heat about 1/4-1/2 tsp of coconut oil (or vegan butter). Once hot, pour the batter in using approx. 1/4 cup per pancake.
- Immediately, swirl the cinnamon sugar mixture onto the cooking pancake. Video explanation can be found HERE.
- Once bubbles start to form on the pancake, flip it over and let it cook through.
- Repeat until all the ingredients are used up.
- In the meantime make the Vegan Cream Cheese Icing (if using).
- Serve pancakes while hot with the cream cheese icing drizzled over top. Alternatively, top with some stewed apples or berries and/or maple syrup.
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!