Craving brownies and cookies? Well, you’re in luck because these Vegan White Chocolate “Brookies” give you the best of both worlds! They’re not only vegan but they’re oil-free, fudgy and UBERRR decadent. The chunks of vegan white chocolate make these brownie cookies extra decadent and delicious!
WHAT ARE BROOKIES?
In short, brookies are a combination of the two best sweet treats – brownies and cookies! The biggest pro to making these is that you get the texture and fudginess of brownies in a bake time of cookies––only 9-10 minutes (SO QUICK) rather than 40 minutes!
MAIN INGREDIENTS FOR THESE BROWNIE COOKIES:
You only need a few ingredients to have the best ever vegan white chocolate brookies. This recipe uses high-quality ingredients and you can indulge knowing that you are getting more nutritional value than your average brownie/cookie recipe.
- Spelt flour: I recommend light spelt flour as it’s similar to all-purpose flour as it’s been slightly refined from the whole-grain version – think whole wheat flour vs. all-purpose.
- Coconut sugar: I recommend coconut sugar as opposed to brown sugar as it’s less refined, meaning it does retain some nutritional value. You can sub for brown sugar if you like though.
- Almond butter: I buy this almond butter at Costco because it’s the best bang for your buck! It’s always super smooth and creamy which is optimal for baking.
- Cocoa powder: Again, I buy cocoa powder at Costco because it’s organic and a great value (aren’t all things at Costco? haha). This gives the brookies that super chocolatey taste we all know and love.
*For the spelt flour and coconut sugar, use code ROSSLYN15 to get 15% off your order!
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Try these delicious vegan brownie recipes!
VEGAN WHITE CHOCOLATE “BROOKIES”
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup spelt flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 vegan white chocolate bar (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet (I use a silicone baking mat).
- Mix together the coconut sugar and almond butter. Once fully combined, add in the non-dairy milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the spelt flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients, chocolate chips and white chocolate chunks to the wet ingredients and combine fully.
- Scoop dough into balls using approx. 2 tbsp per cookie and spread evenly on the baking sheet (makes about 16 cookies).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes (I always take cookies out when they look slightly underdone and allow them to finish cooking through on the hot baking sheet).
Tried this recipe? Tag @rosslynmaria on Instagram!